COD / Cash On Delivery verification, COD to Prepaid conversion
About COD Verify & COD to Prepaid
Confirm COD Orders : COD customers confirm their order with an OTP after checkout. This verifies their number and re-confirms their intent of making a purchase.
Reduce RTO : Reduce RTO on your ecommerce store by eliminating fake/ unserious orders. Orders with verified mobile numbers also deliver quicker.
Whatsapp for Instant Delivery : No customer will ever wait indefinitely for an OTP. With one click, your customers can receive the OTP on Whatsapp.
CODFIRM helps ecommerce stores reduce RTO (returns) of cash on delivery (COD) orders by verifying COD customers’ contact numbers. Orders that have incorrect contact numbers are bound to return as RTO since delivery drivers cannot reach the customer when they are out for delivery. CODFIRM ensures that every COD customer is asked to confirm their order with an OTP (verification code) sent to their phone via SMS/ Whatsapp. This not only verifies the customers’ contact numbers but also reconfirms their intent to make a purchase.
With an OTP verification, customers feel the experience of authorising the order. This increases their likeliness of accepting the order and decreases the chances of it coming back as an RTO order.
How does CODFIRM work?
- After choosing to pay via COD or cash on delivery, the customer is redirected to an order confirmation page. On this page, the customer has to enter the OTP (sent to their mobile via SMS/ Whatsapp) to confirm their order.
- As soon as the order is confirmed/ cancelled from the confirmation page, the customer is redirected to the order status page where they can see their order status and summary.
- For store owners, the status of the COD confirmation is visible on the "Orders" tab on your Shopify dashboard - so that you do not have to open another page for the order confirmation status of each of your COD orders.
- When a customer chooses to cancel an order, the order is cancelled, an order cancellation email is sent to your customer and the items are restocked.
- The likelihood of the order coming as an RTO reduces since the customer’s contact number and their intent to make a COD purchase are confirmed.
How is CODFIRM better than IVR/ Automated Calls?
- IVR calls have an accent that your customers might find difficult to understand.
- IVR or automated calls are outrightly annoying. Most of the time, apps like Truecaller either block the calls or display a “spam” warning. This harms your brand image and leads to low order confirmations of cash on delivery orders.
- Cellular network is unreliable and hence automated calls and SMS have low reachability. By giving your customers an option to receive the OTP on Whatsapp, we ensure that no customer ever has to wait for the confirmation message ever again.
Who is it for?
The app is built for ecommerce stores that are looking to reduce RTO on COD orders. The app currently works for stores shipping COD orders to India, Italy, UAE and Spain.
October 09, 2020
Social media links
Speed tested: low impact to your online store
About the Author
Matej Kontros is an E-Commerce expert and app developer with over a decade of professional experience in IT.
Matej has worked for organisations of all types and sizes, including global players, startups, and agencies. He designed, developed, and maintained complex projects.
Matej's expertise includes e-commerce, software engineering, web development, systems administration, internet security, managing projects, and building teams.
Visit his website at [ Web Linkedin ]
or contact him at email@example.com.